Ready for a healthier alternative to chips and crackers? I sure was. So today I have a recipe for roasted chickpeas or garbanzo beans. These are a perfect little snack and is an alternate use for chickpeas besides hummus (not to say hummus isn't delicious).
- Cans of chickpeas/garbanzo beans (I used three)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Seasoning (I used Tastefully Simple's fiesta party dip)
1. Empty the chickpeas into a strainer to get rid of the slimy water they were stored in the can in. Rinse them with water.
2. Lay them out on a baking sheet lined with paper towel.
3. Pat them dry with another paper towel.
4. Some of the beans have a thin skin on them that will rub off while you're drying them. You can peel them off and throw them away or leave them on, it makes no difference.
5. Remove the paper towel and drizzle some olive oil over the chickpeas.
6. Roll them around and then put into the oven at 400 degrees F for 45-50 minutes.
7. Take them out once golden brown and crunchy. Then sprinkle the salt and seasonings throughout and mix well.
8. Enjoy them :)
Labels: food, recipes