Fall break has rolled on through for a final time of my college career. These past four days of break have delivered much needed rest, reflection, and restoration and got me to the point where I am itching to go back to my current home. I purposefully extended my weekend wrap-up until today since really my whole break was like one long weekend.
This weekend I...
- Drove home and had some lovely conversations with Jake, Sam, and Alyssa.
- Spent time at Jake's house chatting with his parents and watching movies.
- Ate stove top popcorn (oh how I've missed it)!!
- Enjoyed quality time with my mom and sister running errands and going out to dinner.
- Crocheted like a mad woman making many many headbands.
- Brainstormed a name for my little business...stay tuned :)
- Finally caught up on sleep after some really late nights last week.
- Tried a new recipe and baked roasted chickpeas (you definitely should try them).
- Experienced some alone time.
- Took a Sunday afternoon nap.
- Loved the beautiful Minnesota Fall weather.
- Caught up on some reading for enjoyment.
- Had dinner and fellowship over at the Rataj house, so good to see them.
- Met a beautiful little girl with Alopecia and had a great conversation with her and her mom.
- Came up with a label/logo for my little business.
- Went to the bank to visit my dad and realized my passport that I thought was missing is actually in the safety deposit box (good one Laura).
- Sold clothes to Plato's Closet.
- Had Jake over to my house to eat some yummy walleye, so delicious.
- Went for a walk around my neighborhood.
- Woke up to a stormy day.
- Realized I took way too few of pictures over this break.
- Packed everything up and headed back home to Northwestern.
Something I have been struck with lately, especially this break, is the beauty in the change of the seasons. I notice it in the change of the leaves, the change of pace, the change of weather, and the change of my heart. A lot of change, huh?
What change have you experienced in this colorful Autumn season?
Labels: Autumn, home, weekend wrap-up