Straight from page 17 of the December 1999 Country Woman magazine comes the new favorite recipe among the Ecklund household. Give it a try, it surely will not disappoint.
You will need...
- 2 teaspoons plus 1/2 cup butter (softened and divided)
- 1 can (5oz) evaporated milk
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 jar (7oz) marshmallow creme
- 24 caramels (quartered)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line a 9-inch square baking pan with foil and butter the foil with 2 teaspoons of butter.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine milk, sugar and remaining butter.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Bring to a rapid boil, boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips and marshmallow creme until melted.
- Fold in caramels, cashews, and vanilla.
- Mix well and then pour into the prepared pan.
- Let cool.
- Remove from pan and cut into 1-inch squares and store at room temperature.
Merry Christmas Eve! Blessings to you and your beloveds on the day of our dear Savior's birth. Rejoice and be glad, for he is good.
Labels: Christmas, recipes