The Fog of Life

The normal morning view out my window was hindered today by a blanket of thick penetrating fog.  This unrelenting curtain that disturbed the usual clarity of the path ahead seemingly correlated to my recent thoughts on this season of life.

On a day to day basis my thoughts on graduating in a mere three months vary from complete denial to extreme excitement to then halfway paralyzing realistic thoughts about the future. I have no idea what I am doing let alone what I even want to do and at face value I am content with that.

I feel okay with living in the fog, the confusion, and the unknown. For once in my life this stage feels alright and I am enjoying being at peace with the moment at hand.

But oh so quickly the ways of the world swarm in and I am constantly being asked questions like how are you feeling about graduation? What are you doing next year? Are you continuing on in schooling? Where are you living?

Don't get me wrong, I am so appreciative of people's interest and involvement in my life and the prayers that are lifted up within this but this quickly starts the over thinking process. The doubts of well maybe I should really know what I am doing, maybe I should be more nervous than I am, maybe I am not being on top of things as I should be. 

Today's thick fog that dimmed the usually lighted path provided a reminder that it is okay to be in these seasons of unknowing. When walking on a foggy path I am still continually guided if one step is taken at a time. As long as I keep putting one foot in front of the other and walk in the Lord's steps he has carved out for me, the road ahead will become more clear even if it is in hindsight.
"Teach me to do your will, for you are my God! Let your good Spirit lead me on level ground!" Pslam 143:10

Labels: , ,