I so graciously have been nominated for the Liebster Award four times in the past week or so. My first thought was Wow! That's awesome, I am so honored! I quickly then thought Wait a second.. what is the Liebster Award? Well, if you are in the dark like I was, let me shed some light on the subject.
Hannah, Jen, Megan, and Melanie Ann all thought my voice was important and appreciated my blog so much that they blessed me with the Liebster Award.
This award is kind of like a trophy for a 4th grade softball game in my opinion. It isn't meant for the grand daddy of all blogs and probably doesn't mean all too much in the long run but is exciting and rewarding for the time being.
When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself, then answer 11 questions from your nominator, and finally nominate other up and coming blogs (<200 followers) and ask them 11 questions.
To break this process up a bit more, especially since I have 4x long the process, I am going to write three posts on this topic over the next few days. Today you'll get the straight facts, tomorrow the coveted answers, and Saturday my nominations to pass along the torch.
1. Over 3/4 of my wardrobe is from thrift stores, clearance racks, or hand-me-downs.
2. I absolutely cannot sleep with socks on, just not possible.
3. Some of my favorite places are Holland (MI), Denver (CO), and The Twin Cities (MN).
4. Long car rides make my heart happy. Whether alone or with others it is such a natural space to think, process, and talk with no other pressing commitments.
5. I wear my chacos almost everyday when there isn't snow, with pretty much anything.
6. The other day I bought 15 cake mixes, 54 eggs, 64 tablespoons of butter, 1 gallon of vegetable oil, and 6 pounds of powdered sugar at Walmart.. the cashier looked at me like I was crazy.. maybe I am.
7. I broke my pinky finger on an escalator in JcPenney's my junior year of high school.
8. My sister and I have identical smiles that nobody else in our family has.
9. I used to wear tons of make up and couldn't leave the house without it, now I haven't worn any make up for three years.
10. There is always room in my stomach for popcorn.
11. Back in the day, I ran a half marathon on my 18th birthday.
See you tomorrow for some question answering.. get pumped!
Labels: about me, blessings, blogging, thankfulness