Right after having a pink frosted cupcake smashed unto my head this past weekend, one of the beautiful girls from my wing suggested I write a blog post on the perks of being bald. It had been on my mind here and there the past few months but never happened, so why not now?
- I can get ready in only a few short minutes.
- I don't need to shave.
- I never have bad hair days.
- I save money from not buying shampoo, conditioner, brushes, hair accessories, razors, shaving cream, mascara, etc.
- I don't get very sweaty when I workout.
- I am memorable.
- I never get hair in my face because of the wind.
- I can do random things with my head, hence having a cupcake smashed on it.
- I never have to deal with wet or tangled hair.
- I can use it as a platform to share my testimony with people who are curious about why I'm bald.
- I wear headbands in a way nobody else can.
- I am more aerodynamic.
- I often receive free things or discounts (which I quite honestly feel bad about sometimes) like a free pair of mittens, admission to sporting events, dinner paid for by a random gentleman, etc.
- I have a very personal connection to natural beauty and love sharing my passion for it with others.
- I only shower ever 3-4 days.
- I'll never have to worry about gray hair.
- I get to make witty jokes about my baldness which sometimes makes people feel uncomfortable but I love it.
- I don't need to get haircuts.
- I bring a whole new meaning to the words 'head massage.'
- I don't need to pluck my eyebrows or wax hairy things.
So, have I convinced you to become bald yet?
Labels: about me, Being BALD, identity