Tulip Festival

Here's a throwback Thursday picture for you, from our freshman year of college. See those tulips behind us? Orange City is notoriously known for their Dutch heritage, obsession over tulips, and Tulip Festival events which attract hundreds of thousands of people.

I have yet to experience the craze since it always takes place the week after college gets out but this weekend will be a first. I arrived back from Colorado just in time to finally experience firsthand what all the hooplah is about.

Does your town have any fun traditions or events? I've found that some of the smallest towns have some of the craziest celebrations. I will have to let you know how it is but in the meantime I'm off to go eat poffertjes, watch some street sweeping, and enjoy great fellowship of the Dutch!

Labels: ,