My Style // Cold Weather Hiking

The seasons have changed - autumn in the Midwest has vanished and quickly been replaced with dead and dreary trees, weatherman rumors of snow, and much less daylight. It is natural for me to go into hibernation mode and gravitate towards all things cozy and warm but I know my whole self needs to be outside, to seek, and to explore.

One of my absolute favorite quotes is from John Muir, a naturalist and one of the earliest preservation advocates in the United States, and reads "Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where nature may heal and give strength to body and soul." Bundle up my friends, bring some hand warmers, and clear your minds in the great outdoors.





Wool Hat // REI     Red Pullover // Thrifted Ralph Lauren     Black Mid-weight Lining Shirt // Midwest Mountaineering     Black Insulating Pants // REI     Wool Socks // REI     Hiking Boots // Chacos

How do you get out and stay active in the cool weather?
Can you tell we would love to spend our life savings at REI?

Labels: , ,