Christmas Favorites

Christmas is the happ-happiest season of all, with those holiday greetings and great happy meetings, when friends come to call. Sound familiar? This song is the heartbeat of Christmas cheer. Treasures and Travels, along with a few other blogging friends, have been sharing their Christmas favorites this year so I am jumping on board. You should too!


Movie
Get ready for the most generic answer ever - Elf! You just cannot not fall in love with this charming Christmas movie. Although I am not too fond of the ending, the humor gets me every time.

Drink
Hot apple cider, yum yum. My tongue such a baby with hot drinks and I have to wait an embarrassingly long time for them to cool down. Once they do though I am all about the apple cider.

Album
I am loving Rend Collective's Campfire Christmas album. Also, the Indie Holiday Station on Pandora is sweeter than sweet. You should be playing it in your cubicle, like yesterday.

Baking
Everything delicious of course. For our women's ministry Christmas exchange I tested my luck with shortbread cookies and homemade frosting and almond bark frosting is on the list for this weekend.

Tradition
This is our first Christmas as a married couple and we are brainstorming unique and meaningful traditions to start. What are some of your favorite traditions?

Ornament
Every year my parents gave me an ornament either representing something special that happened in my life that year or something about me. It is fun to have that collection now and be able to share those memories with Jacob and one day our children.

Memory
In college, a group of girls I worked with shoved ourselves into a little car and drove around our college town to see the holiday lights. When we found a display we would quickly jump out of the car, pose in the manger scene or light display, take a picture, and drive away. Oh we laughed so hard!

Food
All the food! I love a variety of food and taking a little bit of everything to try. It is hard for me to choose a favorite but some of them include mashed potatoes, ham, pie, and of course Christmas cookies.

Smell 
As everyone who hangs around this blog knows, spruce and balsam is my holiday obsession when it comes to smells. Our candle is nearly burned and I am expecting major withdrawals.

Verse
For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace // Isaiah 9:6

What are some of your Christmas favorites?
What do you love about the season?

Labels: ,