This is how a week in the life of Laura and Jacob go when it comes to food - Sunday or Monday Laura tries to plan out meals for the week and creates a grocery list. Laura asks Jacob what he wants and he is indifferent. Laura gets frustrated with brainstorming ideas and puts random meals on the menu. Laura and Jacob go grocery shopping and Jacob doesn't understand why we need certain groceries and they end up spending more than necessary. Laura and Jacob come home from work on any given night and are so hungry that it becomes second priority to make something elaborate and healthy. Laura and Jacob default to hamburger helper.
And so the cycle repeats itself. Supermarket Healthy was an answer to our desire for health, ease, and cost-effective solutions to meals. The recipes are straight forward, perfect for a simple cook like me, and include tips for grocery shopping and handling ingredients. We sifted through the mouth watering photos and recipes and decided on a few go-to meals for the week. Our hands down favorite, so far, was the spicy honey mustard chicken. It got such rave reviews that I couldn't help but share it with you.
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons honey
1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
1/2 teaspoon Frank's or Tabasco hot sauce
2 large chicken breasts
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1. To make the honey mustard: Whisk the mustard, honey, mayonnaise, and hot sauce together in a medium bowl.
2. To make the chicken: Preheat over to 400 degrees F. Rinse the chicken and pat it dry. Season the chicken with 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper.
3. Add the chicken to the bowl with the mustard mixture and turn to coat. In a second medium bowl, stir together the bread crumbs, thyme, and remaining salt and pepper.
4. Dredge each piece of chicken through the bread crumbs, gently pressing the crumbs into each side. Place a metal cooling rack on top of a baking sheet, and mist the rack with nonstick pan spray. Spray each piece of chicken on both sides and set it on the rack.
5. Bake the chicken until golden brown and cooked through, 25 to 30 minutes. Serve hot and enjoy!
|I received this book through Blogging for Books. All thoughts, photos, and reviews are my own.|
What is your go-to week night recipes?
How do you save money and eat healthy?