The Best Stove Top Popcorn Recipe


If you have been over to our house as a guest, there is a very likely chance you have eaten popcorn. Popcorn is one of my top four favorite foods that rivals for top place on any given day. Over the past few years I have gained some awareness among our friend group that my popcorn is the best popcorn. I say this with hesitation as you will find the best written on every Pinterest recipe and I am not highly skilled in the kitchen. However, I am pretty confident in my popcorn making skills and this recipe.



Ingredients:
3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1/2 cup of white popcorn kernels
1/2 tablespoon of butter
Melted Butter to taste
Salt to taste

How to:
1. Heat three tablespoons of vegetable oil over medium stove heat with a few popcorn kernels in a pot. Once these kernels have popped you know the oil is hot enough.
2. Add the rest of the popcorn kernels to the hot oil along with a 1/2 tablespoon of butter. Shake around so oil spreads evenly and remove from heat for 30 seconds.
3. Return pot to heat and wait for kernels to pop, shaking occasionally.
4. When all the kernels have popped, remove from heat, add melted butter and salt to taste.
5. Enjoy!



 What is your favorite snack food?
Do you have a "best" recipe?

Labels: ,