The Postage Stamp Vegetable Garden


My mind is enthralled with spring. The freshness in the air has me more than ready for fresh flowers, fresh produce, fresh starts, and fresh you name it. This spring and summer I am jumping into the fresh new adventure of gardening.

It is pretty intimidating as I have no experience with gardening and am somewhat winging it. I have been reading many books, researching much online, and chatting it up with gardener friends. No matter how much head knowledge I have however so much of gardening is trial and error. With seeding season taking place this week and next, I have been diving deep into The Postage Stamp Vegetable Garden.




We live in a tiny apartment and will be relying primarily on a small community garden plot and containers. This book has been so instrumental to dreaming and creating conducive plans for how to achieve healthy and organic vegetables in a limited space. It walks through step by step how and when to start planting, plot mapping, and watering schedules. Thank goodness for diagrams and detailed instructions for newbies like me!

Also, did you know that certain plants especially like each other and others cannot stand one another? Maybe I am the only one who didn't know this, but it is like real life middle school drama in the form of a garden. It is helpful to learn from what the experts say works, what doesn't, and what to think about beforehand. Now I turn it over to you, share your gardening wisdom with me!


I received this book through Blogging for Books. All thoughts, photos, and reviews are my own.



How do you make your garden flourish?
What tips do you have for a new gardener?

Labels: , ,