DIY May Day Basket


I was trying to decide on my favorite holiday a few days ago and found myself surprised at just how high of a contender May Day was on the list. Of course Christmas and Easter take the cake with the celebration of our Savior, but there is something so innocent and beautiful that I love about May Day. It symbolizes spring, giving freely, and surprising others out of love - all of my favorite things.

It seemed like a no brainier to put together a May Day Basket Swap and I am so looking forward to seeing all of your special May Day creations via social media. Whether you are participating in our swap or plan to give within your own circles, May Day is right around the corner and it is time to start thinking about what to compile for your baskets.

I enjoy filling my baskets with some sweet treats and delights that represent the happiness of spring. This year I opted for the modern day obsession of mason jars, who doesn't love them, and packed them full with candy, nail polish, pink lemonade, the cutest party straws, and a note. The best part of it all is that you can stuff whatever you would like inside for a lovely surprise. A men's basket filled with camping goodies, a child's basket filled with play-dough, or a teacher's basket filled with school supplies. The possibilities are endless and will bring joy to the doorsteps of many on May 1.


Do you give May Day baskets?
What are your favorite surprises?

Labels: