May Day Basket Swap Link-Up

May has officially arrived! I hope you were welcomed to a new month with some sweet goodies for May Day and a hug from a friend. Over the past month, May Day baskets have shipped back and forth across the country to the doorsteps of bloggers, friends, and family in our great May Day Basket Swap.

This was a special chance to give, give, give out of generosity to a secret stranger and pick out some special gifts to help them ring in spring. And who doesn't love snail mail packages delivered right to their front door? If you participated, today is your opportunity to link-up your posts to share what you send and received. If you didn't participate, browse through the collections and mark it on your calendar to participate next year!

What I Sent

I had the honor to shop for the lovely Eryn of Raybans to Rodeos. I have been a long time admirer of Eryn's creative ideas and sense of charm via Instagram and her blog. As we neared spring, I had the idea of shopping locally at a small fairtrade store. Eryn seems to love unique and meaningful gifts so I chose these little trinkets. 

The rose-scented soap reminded me of spring the moment I took a wiff of it. The scent is so beautiful and I thought it would pair well with her favorite color - blush. This heart shaped, stone wine cork jumped out as the perfect way to save and share some drinks with friends. I admit, soup is not really a spring time thing, but they looked fresh and harty to share for dinner and they leaped into my basket. And finally, who could go wrong with chocolate? 


What I Received

Sarah sent me the sweetest May Day Basket filled with tons of goodies. She did such a fantastic job of healthily stalking me and figuring out my loves. The chalk garden stakes were my absolute favorite and have already been put to good use labeling my garden. The notepad and pen are also too cute and perfect for jotting down notes and things to remember. 

I was also so impressed that Sarah remembered my favorite lipstick from one Instagram post I had months ago. Isn't that so kind of her? Girls aways need a back up. She also included a gorgeous bracelet that I have added to my spring capsule wardrobe. The party straws, in my favorite color, along with this colorful dish are perfect for entertaining. The package also incuded lots of chocolate, but of course that was eaten before photos could be taken.


What did you receive for May Day?
What did you give to your partner?

Labels: ,