We have people over to our home several times a week. Hosting is one of our favorite ways to open our home up and share life together with friends and family. That being said, I am not the master of baking up a cake for visitors who drop by or having something fancy prepared days in advance. My hosting style is more so come on over and eat what we have in the cupboards.
Last week we had a whole conglomeration of snacks in our kitchen with guests arriving in less than an hour. I thought of making trail mix, but Jake thought this was too boring. Then I thought, why have I not made a combination of trail mix and puppy chow? It seemed like a delicious idea that was worth the risk of not turning out.
Anything in your cupboard that would taste yummy in trail mix. Here is what I used:
Honey Nut Cheerios
Reese's Pieces Candy
1. Toss all your ingredients together.
2. Melt chocolate chips and peanut butter together over the stove.
3. Pour the melted substance over the mix and stir well.
4. Immediately pour powdered sugar over the trail mix and coat thoroughly.
5. Put in the freezer for 30 minutes to solidify.