The Guys Behind the Blog | August Edition


1. How did you meet your significant other?
Well it is quite the funny story. Actually, not really. We met when we were in sixth grade at the church we both attended. I do not really remember what happened, but I am sure it went something like this, "Hi, my name is Jake and I do karate." That's how I showed off back in the day.

2. What is your top love language? What is your significant other's love language?
My top love language is quality time. Laura's top love language is acts of service. Got it in one.

3. If you're engaged or married, how did you propose? If you are not, how did you ask your girl out?
For whatever reason in the four years Laura and I dated, we never once went on a picnic, which is odd because we love picnics. I went on the interwebs and found one of those cutesy wicker picnic baskets and took Laura on a surprise picnic. We went to a nature park nearby and I picked out a spot in the woods. Unfortunately, the spot I picked the week before somehow turned into Shrek's swamp and it was disgusting. We quickly found a better spot by the river and after we ate I popped the question, pretending I was surprising her with dessert.

4. Share a funny wedding story with us - it could be from your own or one you attended.
On the day of our wedding, our bridal party took our car to deck it out with all the obligatory "just married" graffiti. After twenty minutes of making it look all pretty with window paint, my best man turned the car on which automatically started the front and rear wipers. Their hard work was immediately erased and destroyed in a few seconds while the bridesmaids were screaming at him to turn them off. He then proceeded to drive the car into the rain which erased all of the paid on the side windows as well. It was a fail, but hilarious.

5. On the topic of love, who was your childhood crush?
I grew up with a pond in my backyard and across the pond lived my childhood crush, Leah. Not to be mistaken with Laura's sister named Leah. Every afternoon after school I would stand on one end of the pond and yell at her house asking if she wanted to play. I was pretty smooth.

Link-Up Details
We want to hear from you! What are you dying to know about the guys behind the blogs? What is a funny question you want us to ask your guy? What is your favorite ice breaker question? September's questions for The Guys Behind the Blog will be completely reader submitted so get your thinking caps on and ask away. Please submit your questions using the form below or here.We will choose our favorites and announce the top five questions on Monday, September 14th if you'd like to link-up with us on Thursday, September 24th.

September Link-Up Questions
1. What's the silliest thing you and your significant other have needed to compromise on?
2. If you were stranded on a deserted island, what 3 must haves would you bring with?
3. Talents aside, what is your dream job?
4. What are three items on your bucket list?
5. What kind of date is your favorite to go on with your significant other? (Romantic, fun, spontaneous, etc.)



An InLinkz Link-up

Labels: