Apple Infused Iced Green Tea Recipe

Apples are a symbol of fall. Most people join the pumpkin spice craze while I gravitate towards everything apple flavored. I am also a huge fan of tea in the fall and winter and am disappointed in the lack of apple flavored tea options - although that could come close to qualifying as apple cider I suppose. I decided to change things up and try my hand at an Apple Infused Iced Green Tea recipe.

There are countless options for fruit and herb infused water that it seemed natural to infuse green tea with apples. I steeped two bags of Harney & Son's Green Tea with Coconut just like normal. After adding ice to cool the temperature, I submerged diced apples into the tea to infuse it. The coconut in this green tea made a perfect fruity pairing with the tart apples. Voila, you have your own apple infused iced green tea. Now to consider all the other fruit and tea possibilities!

Ingredients:
Two Green Tea Bags
Hot Water
Ice Cubes
Two Diced Apples

Directions:
1. Pour hot, boiling water over two green tea bags. Let steep for 8-10 minutes.
2. Throw tea bags away and put ice cubes in the tea to cool it.
3. Once tea is iced and cold, add the diced apples and allow time to infuse.
4. Enjoy your drink!

And because I love tea and you should too, I have a fun giveaway for you! A few bloggers and I teamed up to give you the chance to win your very own tea maker and loose leaf tea. Nothing says extra coziness and warmth for the changing seasons, like home brewed tea. Best of luck!

Just Bee Teavana October Giveaway
Emily from [EM]POWERED Blog | Kylea from Life After 5 Mariam from The Petite Bijou | Laura Jean from According to Laura Jean Krista from HAPPy as We Know It | Hannah from Just Bee | Alexis from Chemistry Cachet
 
a Rafflecopter giveaway

Labels: ,