DIY Christmas Photo Backdrop with Hallmark

I look forward to Christmas all year long. Who doesn't? It is a season filled with everything wonderful like Jesus, giving, quality time and sweet treats. As much as I love this season, I have a hard time planning ahead and remembering to take a Christmas card photo to send to the grandparents and neighbors. Every year, about mid-November, I panic over not having a good enough photo of Jake and I. This year was no different.

After having my annual pity party over day light savings making everything so dark outside with no time to take a photo, we opted to make our own Christmas photo backdrop. It seemed fitting to snap a photo in our new apartment since moving was such a large part of our lives this year. 

Thanks to Hallmark Gold Crown, we made a decked out Christmas photo backdrop with wrapping paper. I am a firm believer that wrapping paper can serve many purposes and this DIY was no exception. And because we needed a little Christmas flare for ourselves, I picked up two adorable mugs complete with a hot cocoa set to add to our holiday charm. Everyone needs a little chocolate in the midst of family photos, right?

Not only did I check Christmas card photos off my to do list, but now we have a super fun Christmas photo backdrop for all of our holiday gatherings this season. To create one for yourself, follow along with the video below and send me a photo. I would love to see it!

What does your family do for holiday photos? Have you ever made a photo backdrop? What creative ways do you use wrapping paper? Share your ideas with #Hallmark!